Sunday 12 April 2009

Truly Asia

Alright, some quick updates on my life, I managed to get out of
Thailand a few days before a state of emergency was declared in
Bangkok. Great country, Thailand. People protest until the military
overthrows the government and installs a new one. Then a few months
later the other side tries the same thing to try to get the old one
back. Or at least that's my interpretation based on the 2 minutes I
spent researching the situation.
Anyway, on to Malaysia. Nice place, Malaysia. More developed, fewer
tourists. Or at least fewer white tourists. I'm in the cameron
highlands now, which is clearly a tourist town, but not that many
white people. Malay tourists, some folks down from Singapore. I feel
like the white people who are here are mostly expats down from KL for
a quick holiday.
Anyway, I got a flight out of kuala lumpur on April 22nd down to Bali
for a few weeks. So I don't have much time in Malaysia, though I'm
coming back for a couple days at the end before flying from KL to
London. Still deciding how I'll spend my time here. Maybe I'll write a
"philosophy of travel" post on that later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment